Peel Town Warden

Contact Peel Town Hall
01624 842341

Peel Town Warden has responsibility for parking control, to enforce the Dog Control Byelaws in Peel, arrange for the removal of abandoned vehicles from the Commissioners car parks, liaison with the relevant authorities over derelict/abandoned vehicles on the streets, litter control, issuing notices for hedge trimming, and issuing of tourist information.


  • Dog Control – Please contact the Town Warden if you are experiencing problems with dogs barking, fouling or being on the loose. The Town Warden will either take direct action or liaise with the relevant authorities to solve the problem. For example:

    nuisance from dogs barking can be referred to environmental health;
    where dogs are on the loose, the Town Warden will liaise with the Dog Warden;
    the Town Warden can issue fines for dogs fouling in certain areas, and these powers are expected to be widened to all public areas following implementation of forthcoming legistation to enable on the spot fines.

    Remember – The 2010 byelaws prohibit access for dogs to the beach from 1 April to 30 September each year. Access is only allowed through the winter period. During the winter period dogs on Peel beach need to be under control and any fouling is to be dealt with by the owner straight away.

  • The Town Warden is the Government’s designated official for Peel and can issue on the spot fines of £50 for littering. Anti-litter and pro-recycling campaigns are planned, beginning with work with the children at Peel Clothworkers school in September.

  • Other help and mediation – the Town Warden is happy to be contacted to help members of the public who are struggling to deal with issues where they are unsure which organisation to contact for help. He will liaise with other organisations to get the right help, or advise who you should contact.

  • The Town Warden monitors compliance with the byelaws on alcohol-restricted areas, and refers problems concerning anti-social behaviour to the local police.

  • Flytipping – the public can contact the Town Warden anonymously to notify about flytipping. 

  • Vehicles – Under the road traffic act, cars on Commissioners’ land, such as car parks, must be taxed and in road-worthy condition. The Town Warden will serve notices on cars to this effect, and failure to comply will result in cars being impounded to the government impound. This will incur fees of £45 plus government fees to retrieve the the vehicle.

    Remember – there is no charge for disposing of unwanted vehicles. Contact the Town Warden to arrange disposal.

  • On- and off-street parking control.

  • The Town Warden with property owners in relation to their obligation to trim hedges on their borders with the street, and issues notices for hedge trimming where appropriate.

Report a problem

Please use the form below to contact us about specific local issues.

Your information will be seen by a member of the Town Hall staff, who will either instruct someone to deal with the problem or pass the information to the relevant central government department. You may be contacted for further information.

I would like to report a problem in Peel concerning:
(tick one only and use separate submissions if you wish to report more than one problem)

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Fly tippingRoad and pavement repairsRoad cleansingPublic spacesUnwanted vehicle disposalAbandoned vehicleOther

    Please give full details of the problem here: